David J. Beck Fellowships
Applications for this competitive undergraduate fellowship for 2018 will be accepted until Oct. 2, 2017.
The David J. Beck Fellowships reward outstanding academic achievement and allow top students to further challenge themselves with unique opportunities for undergraduate research and creative study.
- Full academic scholarships covering all tuition, books, fees and on-campus room and board.
- Up to $10,000 in funding for a summer project, which may entail research, an internship or international study.
Beck Fellowships are awarded to up to two fellows for one calendar year. Each fellow chooses a Lamar University faculty member as a project mentor.
The fellowship supersedes all other LU scholarships, which normally will be restored upon completion of the fellowship.
How to Apply
Beck Fellowships are awarded competitively to outstanding scholars. Applicants must be full-time Lamar University undergraduates in any major with 3.5 or higher cumulative grade point averages. Complete application packets must be submitted to the Office of the Senior Associate Provost (Wayne A. Reaud building, Room 310) no later than October 1 each year.A completed Beck application packet includes:
- A completed application
- A resume
- A statement of financial need
- Two letters of recommendation (separate from project mentor)
- Support letter from proposed project mentor
- A description of and budget for the proposed summer experience
- A personal essay explaining how the fellowship would help the student achieve personal and professional goal
To download a digital copy of the David J. Beck Fellowship application, fill out the form provided on this page.